Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
2. What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- email address;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
3. How do we collect personal information?
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or app;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
4. Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website or app;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, app, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
5. Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg. an unsubscribe link).
6. To whom might we disclose your personal information?
- our employees;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
7. Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to countries where cloud providers are located.
We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
8. Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
11. Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
12. Making a complaint
Any concerns about the way we have handled personal information should be directed in writing to us. We consider all complaints and responds by taking any reasonable steps we consider necessary. We will notify you of our response. If you are unsatisfied with our response, you may complain to the Australian Information Commissioner:
Street Address: Level 3, 175 Pitt Street, Sydney 2000 Australia
Mailing address: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001 Australia
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Kasada Privacy Officer
9 Middlemiss Street, Lavender Bay NSW Australia
+61 419 882 805
Effective: 1 January 2017