Personal information includes information describing an individual or that individual’s actions that is reasonably identifiable. For example, such information may include name, address and other contact details.
Personal information collected by Kasada
Kasada may collect the following types of personal information:
- Email address
- Device ID, device type, geolocation information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Kasada web sites, IP address and standard web log information
- Details of products and services provided to visitors or about which visitors have enquired, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to enquiries
- Any additional information relating to visitors provided directly through this website or app or indirectly through use of the website, app, online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit Kasada to collect information
- Any other personal information that may be required to facilitate dealings with Kasada.
Kasada may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- Register on the Kasada website or app
- Communicate with Kasada through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites
- Interact with Kasada sites, services, content and advertising.
In addition, when you apply for a job or position with Kasada, we may collect certain information from you (including your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks) from recruiters, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to assist in decisions regarding employment or contracting.
Kasada may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our website or app
- To operate, protect, improve and optimize the Kasada website, app, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing
- To send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you
- To comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements with third parties
- To consider employment applications.
Use of personal information for direct marketing
Kasada may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services. This marketing may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials by using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g., an unsubscribe link).
Disclosure of personal information
Kasada will not disclose personal information to anyone outside the company without your written approval.
Using the Kasada website and cookies
Kasada may collect personal information about visitors using and accessing this website.
While Kasada does not use browsing information to identify visitors personally, we may record certain information about your use of this website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol (IP) address assigned to your computer.
Kasada may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on this website that help track website usage and remember visitor preferences. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but Kasada websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
Kasada may store personal information in electronic and/or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, Kasada cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Links to third-party sites
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information held by Kasada about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to resolve your concerns.
Personal Information Handling Practices
Collection, Use and Disclosure
We collect your personal information when you register to receive information about our services.
We may obtain personal information directly from you or via a third party.
When information is provided to us via a third party we use that information on the basis that you have consented or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way and we take reasonable steps to ensure that you have been made aware of how we handle your personal information.
We may disclose the information we collect to third parties, including service providers engaged by us to carry out certain business activities on our behalf (such as cloud providers). In some circumstances, in order to provide our services to you, we may need to transfer personal information to third parties with whom we, have sub-contracted to provide a specific service for us and these may be outside of Australia. Please note that no personal information is disclosed by us to any overseas entity for marketing purposes.
In all instances where personal information may be disclosed overseas, in addition to any local data privacy laws, we have measures in place to ensure that those parties hold and use that information in accordance with the consent you have provided and in accordance with our obligations to you under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
If you would like a copy of your personal information, or to correct or update it, please contact us at email@example.com.